eSafety for Parents
What is eSafety?
eSafety (Internet Safety) encompasses the use of Internet technologies and electronic communications such as:
- Digital video equipment
- Mobile phones, camera phones
- Portable media players.
- Wearable technology
It highlights the need to educate pupils about the benefits, risks and responsibilities of using information technology as well as raising user’s awareness of how to keep themselves safe using electronic technology.
At Mountfield Primary School we take the issue of eSafety very seriously. Throughout each academic year the children are taught about how to stay safe whilst using the vast array of technology available to them as part of their curriculum. Staff at Mountfield have also been CEOP trained and are able to talk to children about issues relating to eSafety. eSafety policies are also reviewed yearly to keep them current and up to date.
USEFUL INFORMATION FOR PARENTS/CARERS
Click here to read a great Internet Safety book for younger children.
Click here for access to Know IT All for Parents. This is a great interactive Internet-Safety guide for parents and carers produced by Childnet International.
Click here for access to ParentInfo by CEOP.
- Click download for a copy of 5 Smart Internet Rules poster : ( Click download for a copy of 5 Smart Internet Rules poster (1).pdf )
- Click download for a copy of Parents and Carers Internet Checklist : ( Click download for a copy of Parents and Carers Internet Checklist (1).pdf )
- Click download for a copy of Inappropriate websites factsheet : ( Click download for a copy of Inappropriate websites factsheet.pdf )
- Click download for a copy of a Cyberbullying Factsheet : ( Click download for a copy of a Cyberbullying Factsheet.pdf )
- Click to download Mountfield Internet Use Poster : ( Click to download Mountfield Internet Use Poster (2).pdf )